Invitation to Research Exhibition of the Department of Biomedical Physics & Technology On the occasion of Dhaka University Day
On the occasion of Dhaka University Day
Research Exhibition of the Department of
Biomedical Physics & Technology
1 July, 2014, 10:00am to 3:30pm
Venue: South East Varendah of Curzon Hall building
Almost 80% of the Global population living in the Third World is deprived of the benefits of modern healthcare technology. With the aim of bringing healthcare technology to the doorsteps of the common people at affordable cost this new department, under the leadership of Professor Siddique-e Rabbani, has been striving since its initiation in 2008. This exhibition presents a few of these developments. Some of the exhibits are:
- PC based diagnostic ECG equipment.
- Computerised Dynamic Pedograph (for foot pressure distribution measurement).
- Electronic stethoscope.
- Electrical Impedance based respiration monitor.
- Tablet PC based Intracranial Neuro Monitor (for brain surgery).
- PC based EMG/Nerve conduction equipment.
- Telemedicine with integrated diagnostic instruments.
- Low cost semi-functional hand prosthesis.
- Solar water pasteuriser and rainwater collector for safe drinking water.
Besides some of its on-going research items are also exhibited. These include:
- Characterisation of breast tumour using non-invasive Electrical impedance technique.
- Detection of Cervical and Lumbo-sacral spondylotic Neuropathy (causing neck and waist pain) using an innovative method.
An associate of the department (BiBEAT Ltd., a non-shareholding company, for social benefit) is also showing the following devices:
- PC based Digital ECG/EMG for students.
- Iontophoresis equipment for treatment of excessive sweating of palms and soles (Anti-sweat).
- Muscle and Nerve Stimulator (for physiotherapy).
You are cordially invited to visit the exhibition and encourage our efforts thereby.
Professor K Siddique-e Rabbani
Chairperson, Dept of Biomedical Physics & Technology
University of Dhaka
Date: 1st July, 2014
Time: 10.00 AM to 3.30 PM
Location: South Eastern block of Curzon Hall Building, University of Dhaka